This will normally be the last of the 1.8 branch, next release will be 1.9 based,
which will be converted to .Net 4.5.
Most important updates
° Support for Tfs/VS 2013
° Git does not fetch entire changeset with a new project
see setting MaxAmountOfModificationsToFetch in Git (default 100)
° Dashboard install in IIS 7 works
Below are the 19 things that are fixed :
Bug #109: Dashboard on IIS 7.5 installation fails
Bug #204: [Encrypt communications] An item with the same key has already been added.
Bug #219: git "checking for modifications" checks on first build on large repository
Bug #302: ccnet.config custom path configuration not working
Bug #303: ArgumentNullException on multi source GetModifications()
Bug #304: ArgumentNullException when using MultiSourceControl with svn
Bug #306: Unable to assign a webdashboard plugin package to a group
Bug #307: Filtered source control block documentation is bogus
Bug #309: MultiSourceControl and Git causes frequent rebuilds with no modifications
Bug #319: CCNet can't find tf.exe with VS2013
Bug #322: Conditional Tasks don't work anymore after upgrading from 1.8.4 to 1.9.48
Bug #326: Support for VS/TFS 2013
Bug #327: email only to person who checked-in when the build fails
Bug #330: Git fetchSubmodules does not recurse
Feature #312: Add tooltips to the project hyperlink
Feature #334: Extend Git Source control with a new configuration parameter cleanUntrackedFiles
Support #43: Installation on IIS7
Support #278: Crypted connectin with CCTray to server
Task #268: Please link all steps in http://www.cruisecontrolnet.org/projects/ccnet/wiki/Build_Server_Scenarios
You can download it from :
The fourth fix for 1.8 has been released : 1.8.4
This update mainly has WebDashboard and sourcecontrol improvements, also some issues are fixed in the parallel task.
° Subversion/SVN 1.7 should work
° support for VS/TFS 2012
° Force button works when using the new categories in farmreport
° improve speed of several dashboard pages
° show logged in username in the dashboard
Powershell tasks are not fixed yet, these are for 1.8.5, which version will be released around end October 2013.
Below are the 33 things that are fixed :
Bug #196: "Invalid revision range" during modifications check if multiple git source control used
Bug #207: VS 2012 isn't supported as a TFS client
Bug #215: Force button does not work when using the new categories in farmreport
Bug #234: ccnet assumes existence of a .svn folder implies the folder is a working svn folder
Bug #240: Conditional publisher stops working
Bug #244: Subversion/SVN 1.7 upgrade causes CruiseControl.Net to checkout instead of update
Bug #249: p4 sourcecontrol block's workingDirectory is ignored
Bug #254: MSBuild XmlLogger
Bug #262: Can not force build from web dashboard
Bug #264: Can't Find Final Builder 7 Executable on 64 Bit OS
Bug #275: Accurev updates do not respect history gathered.
Bug #282: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
Bug #283: Potential crash in ParallelTask
Bug #284: <commitBuildModifications> does not update appear to update "latest commit" value
Bug #290: Statistics publisher uses CurrentCulture for values
Bug #292: improve speed mstest cover page
Bug #293: Improve build page : compile.xsl transform
Bug #298: Fix missing defaults for clearcase sourcecontrol properties
Feature #238: MSTest Categories
Feature #239: <p4> source control block modifications
Feature #246: show logged in username in the dashboard
Feature #247: <p4> source control block <view> element accepts all valid depot path
Feature #250: spanish translation for dashboard
Feature #256: The CCNet should support TFS 2012 explorer client.
Feature #260: Add build report for showing console output
Feature #286: mstest : show failed tests at top
Feature #287: mstest : show longest tests
Feature #289: improve the nunit test page
Feature #296: categorized farm view should show the amount of projects per category
Feature #299: Add support for an incrementOnFailure node in the DateLabeller
Feature #300: CCTray: Open connection and authenticate
Task #273: better display of warnings and errors in dashboard
Task #288: improve mstest page
CCNet 1.8.3 Released (1 comment)
- Several Parallel Task fixes
- the syntax highlighter disables itself if logs are too big (default 50k)
- Several preprocessor fixes
Below are the things that are fixed :
- Issue with multiple email converters
- Parallel task does not work anymore in 1.8
- Version 1.8 takes an age to load build artefacts
- Parallel task sometimes crashes
- Parallel task seems to sometimes ignore exit codes
- Issue with CCNet and CCNetFailureUsers argument
- Comment in tasks of sequential task makes preprocessor loose its count
- Conditional task runs all task even if one has failed
- Cctray does not sort correctly by date for UK dates
- Project name in ccnet.config cannot contain double space
- View Build Log hangs or crashes Web Browser
- VSTS (TFS) SourceControl adds Domain Name to Workspace name causing build failure
- Fix sorting in the main CCTray window
- When RSS publisher is used, it should be possible to see rss feed, even if security is on
- HtmlReportPlugin: does not show content for failed builds ("Unable to find file")
- CCTray Exec: Spaces in path not supported, error: Unable to execute command
- Git log entries with unicode chars
- Regression in MSBuild following Issue #191
- Comment in tasks of sequential task makes preprocessor loose its count again (Issue 193 followup)
- Any text in nodes make the preprocessor loose its count (Issue 225 followup)
- Function convertTimeIntoSeconds(time) in StatisticsGraphs.js Returns Zero If time="00:00:08" or time="00:00:09"
- Webdashboard plugin for ReportGenerator
- StyleCop and unit testing webdashboard xsl
CCNet 1.8.2 Released (1 comment)
There was a breaking bug in the 1.8.1 in the power shell task.
1.8.0 did not have this bug, only 1.8.1.
however, it seems that there was another breaking change in 1.8.0 that we did not spot untill now,
concerning the powershell task
old config :
1 <powershell> 2 <description>Updating version number of the host</description> 3 <script>D:\tools\update.ps1</script> 4 <buildArgs>220.127.116.11</buildArgs> 5 </powershell>
does not work in 1.8.0 nor 1.8.2
the following does work
1 <powershell> 2 <description>Updating version number of the host</description> 3 <script>update.ps1</script> 4 <buildArgs>18.104.22.168</buildArgs> 5 <scriptsDirectory>D:\tools\</scriptsDirectory> 6 </powershell> 7
you have to specify the scriptsDirectory with a drive letter
CCNet 1.8.1 Released (1 comment)
Number one reason for releasing this one so soon was a problem for our Vault users.
Below are the things that are fixed :
- Package Publisher / PackageFolder doesn't respect hierarchy when targetFolder is specified
- WebDashboard ViewBuildReport can have badly formatted top nav (white text on white background)
- Remove signed flag of assemblies
- htmlReportPlugin: does not show content for failed builds ("Unable to find file")
- Powershell task breaks additional scripts parameters
- CCNet link in cctray's about box still refers to thoughtworks.org
- Exec task also requires the build args all on one line as did nant
CCNet 1.8 Released (1 comment)
This is the first release since we moved to self-hosting.
It took some time to get things up and running, but this should be a more stable platform.
Enjoy the release :-)
Updated Website (3 comments)
We updates the CruiseControl.NET website to the latest version of Chiliproject.
A lot of bugs were fixed and we also got the new more usable design.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
There are now pages that cover in detail on how setting up CCNet for different scenario's : CI server, no security, bolted down security, gathering statistics, staging, ...
This will show how you can setup CCNet, and these pages guide you through it, step by step.
Setting up CCNet.config, making a build script, ...
This will help first time users a lot, and maybe give others some alternatives or tips :-)You can find them here : Scenarios : Wiki - Configuration - Scenarios
For the moment the following pages exist :
- Build Server Scenarios
- Step 1 Setting up Source Control
- Step 2 Build on Check-in
- Step 3 Add unit tests
- Step 4 Add Coverage
- Step 5 Add source code analysis
- Security scenarios
- Scenario 1 Small In-house Development Team
- Scenario 2 Large In-house Development Team
- Scenario 3 Open Source Project
Other pages coming in the near future
Tips and hints are welcome ...
CCNet is now converted to VS2010. We will still target the 3.5 framework for the moment.
The conversion allows us to use the benefits of VS2010, what also should help the devs, finding people with VS2008 (not express) is becoming more difficult.
Docs for Dashboard.config are done (1 comment)
Docs are uploaded, except for the security plugins. I need to check these further, since the existing docs do not explain that much.
As before, if something is missing, bad, inform us so we can fix it.
Also available in: Atom